Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Aug 29 (ANI): On the occasion of National Sports Day, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday felicitated sportspersons and coaches of the state. Raman Singh announced the launch of a tennis academy in Raipur and a games village in Bilaspur. Indian hockey player Renuka Yadav was presented Rs. 10 lakh for her performance at the Rio Olympics 2016 and was assured a job in the state sports department. Dhyan Chand, former Olympian, was born on August 29, 1905, and won gold medals for India in 1928, 1932 and 1936 Olympics. He had scored 400 goals in his career by the time he retired in 1948, at the age of 42.
- Next story Mumbai floods: Devendra Fadnavis urges people not to come out of their houses
- Previous story Want to take up films that reflect my thinking: Emraan Hashmi
- Hindi poet Gopal Das Neeraj passes away, family mourns death
- 3 labourers die of suffocation from gas leakage in a Meerut’s factory
- Ragpicker’s son gets selected at Jodhpur AIIMS for MBBS, says want to work for his village
- Law students file petition for proper disposal of condom
- Pooja Bhatt goes down memory lane, shares kiddie pics of sister Alia