Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Aug 29 (ANI): On the occasion of National Sports Day, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday felicitated sportspersons and coaches of the state. Raman Singh announced the launch of a tennis academy in Raipur and a games village in Bilaspur. Indian hockey player Renuka Yadav was presented Rs. 10 lakh for her performance at the Rio Olympics 2016 and was assured a job in the state sports department. Dhyan Chand, former Olympian, was born on August 29, 1905, and won gold medals for India in 1928, 1932 and 1936 Olympics. He had scored 400 goals in his career by the time he retired in 1948, at the age of 42.
- Next story Mumbai floods: Devendra Fadnavis urges people not to come out of their houses
- Previous story Want to take up films that reflect my thinking: Emraan Hashmi
- Your nana-nani collaborated with British: Kapil Sibal to PM Modi
- Won’t prove my patriotism to people whose name came up in Godhra riots: Sidhu to PM Modi
- Rajasthan assembly polls: Congress MLA alleges party of ‘selling’ tickets
- BJP MLA’s Brother Dies In Road Accident
- 3 Pilgrims Killed In A Road Accident In Ayodhya