Poonch (J and K), July 31 (ANI): Amid heavy security, first batch of over 3,000 pilgrims from across the country arrived at Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district for the Buddha Amarnath Yatra. The enthusiastic devotees offered their prayers to Lord Shiva chanting mantras and hailing lord Shiva’s name. The pilgrims praised the arrangements of the administration. The 11-day Buddha Amarnath pilgrimage began on Saturday from Jammu to mountainous shrine of Lord Shiva in Poonch district of the state. The devotees also praised the warm welcome by local Hindu and Muslim communities.
- Next story Tomato vendors gloomy with decline in sale amid price hike
- Previous story 6 injured after car runs over crowd
- Watch: Thousands participate in Tata Mumbai Marathon 2018
- U.S. Vice President critical of politicians for causing shutdown
- Senators sound off on U.S. government shutdown
- ‘Is factory ki licence humare paas hai, isliye kuch nahi bolna’: Delhi Mayor on Bawana Fire
- Ranveer Singh’s ‘filmy’ avatar at Filmfare awards is worth watching!