Poonch (J and K), July 31 (ANI): Amid heavy security, first batch of over 3,000 pilgrims from across the country arrived at Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district for the Buddha Amarnath Yatra. The enthusiastic devotees offered their prayers to Lord Shiva chanting mantras and hailing lord Shiva’s name. The pilgrims praised the arrangements of the administration. The 11-day Buddha Amarnath pilgrimage began on Saturday from Jammu to mountainous shrine of Lord Shiva in Poonch district of the state. The devotees also praised the warm welcome by local Hindu and Muslim communities.
- 1st batch of over 3,000 Buddha Amarnath Yatris reaches Poonch
- 6 injured after car runs over crowd
- 6 arrested after clash broke out between kanwariyas, villagers
- Equipped with modern facilities Kishangarh Airport will open soon
- Indian Women’s Cricket Team captain Mithali Raj, coach Murthy felicitated by Telangana CM