Srinagar (J and K), July 25 (ANI): The first batch of Haj pilgrims left for the pilgrimage from Srinagar on Tuesday morning. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti flagged off the pilgrims from Srinagar International Airport. The devotees expressed joy on heading for the pilgrimage and were seen contented with the preparations put forward by the administration. Haj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca.
- Next story Peter Dundas Celebrates his Grand Return with his Own Eponymous Collection
- Previous story Ramnath Kovind paid flowers to Mahatma Gandhi on Rajghat before taking oath
- New York governor says Statue of Liberty to reopen
- Graham gives play-by-play on shutdown talks
- Las Vegas protesters join worldwide anti-Trump Womens March
- In second day of shutdown, Republicans, Democrats dig in for fight
- Ahead of PM Modi’s visit, avalanche advisory issued in Davos due to heavy snowfall