Pune (Maharashtra), Dec 27 (ANI): The Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) charges against Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit, Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, Ramesh Upadhyay and Ajay Rahikar in connection with 2008 Malegaon blast case have been dropped by a special NIA Court on Wednesday. The Special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court discharged three accused in the case but said Thakur, Purohit and others will be charged under sections 120 B , 302, 307, 304, 326 , 427 153 A of IPC, along with section 18( conspiracy) of UAPA. Both Thakur and Purohit are out on bail. The next date of hearing has been set for January 15. On September 29, 2008, six people were killed and 101 people injured after a bomb tied to a motorcycle exploded in Nashik’s Malegaon town. In November 2008, the Anti-Terrorism Squad arrested 11 people in this connection. However, in April 2011, the investigation was transferred to the NIA.
- Next story Watch: CPI activists hold unique protest against increased house tax
- Previous story Jaitley Clarifies On PM Modi’s Gujarat Speech
- 10 killed after bus falls into pit
- UK to consider next step after Russia announces expulsion of British diplomats
- Now track status of your lost belongings with UMANG App
- Coping skills helpful for patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, says study
- Security tightened at Vaishno Devi ahead of Navratri