2018032062.mp4Jaipur (Rajasthan), Mar 20 (ANI): The traditional Gangaur procession with all its regal pomp and pageantry started on Tuesday evening from the Tripoliya Gate (City Palace), winding its way through Tripolia Bazar and Chhoti Chaupar, Gangauri Bazaar and concluded at the Talkatora. Arrangements were made for the tourists to photograph the procession from the terrace of the Hind Hotel opposite Tripoliya gate. Hundreds of people came out on roads to behold the procession which included cultural performances and traditional dance. The procession included decorated rath, cannon carriage, ornamented horses and camels. Gangaur is all about honouring Goddess Gauri or Parvati and celebrating marriage and love. In this festival, both married and unmarried women take part in the festivities with full enthusiasm.
- 2018032062.mp4Gangaur procession adorns Jaipur with its regal pomp and pageantry
- Watch: Padma Awards 2018: MS Dhoni and 42 others honoured
- AP CM lashes out at Centre, says “I went to Delhi seeking support, but in vain”
- Trump says will meet with Putin ‘in the not too distant future’
- Cynthia Nixon holds her first campaign event