2018032062.mp4Jaipur (Rajasthan), Mar 20 (ANI): The traditional Gangaur procession with all its regal pomp and pageantry started on Tuesday evening from the Tripoliya Gate (City Palace), winding its way through Tripolia Bazar and Chhoti Chaupar, Gangauri Bazaar and concluded at the Talkatora. Arrangements were made for the tourists to photograph the procession from the terrace of the Hind Hotel opposite Tripoliya gate. Hundreds of people came out on roads to behold the procession which included cultural performances and traditional dance. The procession included decorated rath, cannon carriage, ornamented horses and camels. Gangaur is all about honouring Goddess Gauri or Parvati and celebrating marriage and love. In this festival, both married and unmarried women take part in the festivities with full enthusiasm.
- Next story We want to develop one entrepreneur from one house: CM Naidu
- Previous story Watch: Padma Awards 2018: MS Dhoni and 42 others honoured
- France prepares for a fifth weekend of ‘yellow vest’ protests
- India vs Australia: I like to bowl & take wickets in difficult situations: Ishant Sharma
- BJP govt has kept inflation on a tight leash: PM Narendra Modi
- Under construction bridge to boost connectivity in J&K’s Rajouri
- dhya Pradesh MLAs supporting Jyotiraditya Scindia demand Deputy CM post for him