Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu), July 27 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday inaugurated the memorial of India’s missile man and former president Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in the latter’s native place, Rameswaram. PM Modi also unveiled a statue of Dr. Kalam and paid tribute to him. It is Dr. Kalam’s second death anniversary today. The memorial has been built at Pei Karumbu near the tomb where he was laid to rest two years back. The entire construction was designed and handled by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Memorial’s foundation stone was laid by the Central Government last year. Later, the Prime Minister would flag off ‘Kalam Sandesh Vahini’, an exhibition bus, which would travel across various states of the country and reach Rashtrapati Bhavan on October 15, which marks the birth anniversary of the former President. The vehicle will showcase the scientific laurels achieved by the late president during his school days and while at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The Prime Minister will also address a public rally at Mandapam and will inaugurate a number of welfare measures.
- Next story You will see change in next 40 months: Sushil Kumar Modi after swearing-in
- Previous story Plum cultivation boosts in Kashmir, growers satisfied
- CM Yogi meets BJP workers, asks to inculcate positivity in life & work
- 5 people die after landslide in Itanagar, more feared stuck under debris
- River Ganges siltation problem a roadblock for National Waterway 1: CM Nitish Kumar
- Watch: Veteran actress Rekha performs at IIFA after 2 decades
- FIFA WC 2018: Poland shown the door by Colombia after 0-3 defeat