Srinagar (J and K), Oct 17 (ANI): A three days traditional food and cultural festival was held in Pahalgam of Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar. The festival was organised by Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation (JKTDC) in a bid to boost tourism in Pahalgam, which is also known as ‘Valley of shepherds’. The authorities organised a unique festival in the lawns of Pahalgam club to revive the traditional and cultural activities of the state, including food, costume, musical programmes and method of living style. Pahalgam is one of the most beautiful and popular tourist destinations of Kashmir known for its natural beauty, including tallest green trees and water streams that fall from snow covered mountains of pahalgam and attract tourists. During the festival, the traditional hand works of local artists, including kani shawls, gabas, and crewel work were displayed. The visitors purchased and tasted the local foods, including Makai Roti (maize bread) and buffalo milk cheese locally know as moushikraaji, honey, almonds and nuts. For last two years, the situation of the Valley has been disturbed due to the unrest. Tourist influx has significantly decreased. The authorities have started different activities and festivals to attract tourists in autumn season.
- Next story RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead
- Previous story 11-Year-old girl starved to death as family didn’t have Aadhar-linked ration cards
- Pune develops oxygen bar for healthy leisure
- Five of family killed as truck rams into car
- Paine laments Australian capitulation in third test amid ball-tampering scandal
- Asia’s largest Tulip garden opens for visitors
- Ball tampering scandal: Ashish Nehra appreciates Smith, Bancroft for admitting mistake