Gandhinagar (Gujarat), July 27 (ANI): In another jolt to the Congress in Gujarat, three Congress MLAs P. I. Patel, Balwantsinh Rajput and Tejashree Patel resigned from the party earlier in the day and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), on Thursday evening. Balwantsinh Rajput is a relative of Shankersinh Vaghela, who quit the Congress last week, while P.I. Patel was the Congress legislator from Vijapur. The resignation comes when the Rajya Sabha election is around the corner in Gujarat.
- Next story 38,000 litres of liquor worth over Rs. 60 Lakh destroyed
- Previous story 4.5-feet-long crocodile strays into residential area, later captured
- BSP decided to contest upcoming polls in alliance with Janta Congress Chhattisgarh: Mayawati
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican relieves Franco Mulakkal from diocese duties, protests continue
- BSF jawan killing is an extreme form of barbaric act: MEA
- Equitable thinking & development key to state’s prosperity: CM Raje