Gandhinagar (Gujarat), July 27 (ANI): In another jolt to the Congress in Gujarat, three Congress MLAs P. I. Patel, Balwantsinh Rajput and Tejashree Patel resigned from the party earlier in the day and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), on Thursday evening. Balwantsinh Rajput is a relative of Shankersinh Vaghela, who quit the Congress last week, while P.I. Patel was the Congress legislator from Vijapur. The resignation comes when the Rajya Sabha election is around the corner in Gujarat.
- Next story 38,000 litres of liquor worth over Rs. 60 Lakh destroyed
- Previous story 4.5-feet-long crocodile strays into residential area, later captured
- Suns make Deandre Ayton top pick in NBA Draft, Doncic taken third then traded to Mavericks
- Watch: President Kovind takes part in groundbreaking ceremony for Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre in Suriname
- Watch: President Kovind arrives in Cuba, pays tribute to late Cuban leader Fidel Castro
- 8 injured after bus overturns on Sion-Panvel Expressway
- 73-year-old woman dies during Yoga Day celebrations