Faridabad, Oct 15 (ANI): At least three people have been arrested for thrashing five persons on suspicion of carrying beef. The incident of hooliganism was reported on Saturday, when five people, travelling in an auto-rickshaw, were assaulted by cow vigilantes in Faridabad. The auto rickshaw driver was also brutally thrashed and being a Muslim the ‘gau rakshaks’ forced him to chant ‘Bharat mata ki jai’ and ‘Jai Hanuman’. The victim also alleged that the men threatened to burn him to death. An FIR was registered yesterday in this case under the Cow Smuggling Act. Police have noted down names of 15 more people who happen to be involved in the barbaric incident. Further investigation is underway.
- Next story Pope canonises first New World martyrs, calls Amazon synod for 2019
- Previous story 3-day culturally submerged Pahalgam festival concludes with zeal
- Neymar gives PSG fans a boost, says he wants to win Champions League
- Eyewitness narrates Alwar lynching incident
- ITBP adopts school to provide education to students of Naxal affected area
- Rahul Gandhi authorised to form campaign committee, take decision on alliances: Congress
- Rahul Gandhi would be the only face projected in LS Polls: Congress