Sirsa (Haryana). Aug 28 (ANI): At least 34 children, aged between 6 to 22 years-old, were rescued by the District Child Protection Officer from Dera ashram on Monday. The convict Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s quantum of sentence will be pronounced today. Scores of ashrams have been sealed and hundreds of Dera followers have been arrested since the Dera Sacha Sauda Chief was found guilty. Officials said that they have also checked their medicals.
- Next story Justice Dipak Misra sworn-in as 45th Chief Justice of India
- Previous story Sufiyon Ki Vaadi (Weekly Programme) – Aug 28, 2017
- Watch: Heavy rains lash parts of Hyderabad
- Truck-car collision leaves 10 dead in Odisha
- Durga Ashtami: Devotees immerse themselves in Navratri festivities across nation
- Sabarimala row: Protests continue against women’s entry into Sabarimala Temple
- Sabarimala row: Woman returns mid-way after facing protests