New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): Union External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday confirmed that 39 Indians, who went missing in Mosul in Iraq in the year 2014 have been killed. Speaking at the Rajya Sabha, Swaraj said that the dreaded terror outfit Islamic State (IS) had killed all the Indian nationals. In July last year, Swaraj had firmly said in the Parliament that she would not declare the 39 Indians dead without concrete proof or evidence. Earlier, India had asked Iraq for help in locating the missing Indians after Iraqi forces recaptured Mosul from IS. The 39 persons, most of whom hailed from Punjab, were working on projects near Mosul, when they were kidnapped during their evacuation.
- Next story Watch: Truck catches fire on highway near Nadiad
- Previous story Recruitment policy in Railways is unbiased and transparent, says Piyush Goyal
- Rafale verdict: Attorney General should be summoned by Parliament, says Sitaram Yechury
- It’s BJP’s duty to work as opposition: Ashok Gehlot
- Congress does not want our armed forces to strengthen: PM Modi
- DLTFC conducts PMEGP beneficiaries interview in Udhampur
- PM Modi inspects Modern Coach Factory in UP’s Raebareli