Betul (M.P.), Jan 08 (ANI): At least four women were killed after a closed coal mine caved in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul. The cave-in occurred when they were illegally mining. A portion of decommissioned coal mine Satpura-2 of Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) caved-in leading to the tragic accident. Initially five women were trapped under the debris and one of them could be saved. The injured woman has been admitted to hospital for treatment. Bodies of the deceased have recovered and handed over to their families. The district administration has announced Rs 20,000 ex gratia each to kin of deceased.
- Next story 4 engineering students drown in Bhogapuram village
- Previous story Sterling K. Brown, Elisabeth Moss win big at 2018 Golden Globes
- Malawian villagers sift through soil in search for gold
- Rajasthan assembly polls: Sachin Pilot files nomination from Tonk
- CM Naidu meets CM Banerjee in WB’s Howrah
- Political leaders unite to pay tribute to former PM Indira Gandhi on birth anniversary
- Devotees in India celebrate Buddhist festival by offering robes to monks