Betul (M.P.), Jan 08 (ANI): At least four women were killed after a closed coal mine caved in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul. The cave-in occurred when they were illegally mining. A portion of decommissioned coal mine Satpura-2 of Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) caved-in leading to the tragic accident. Initially five women were trapped under the debris and one of them could be saved. The injured woman has been admitted to hospital for treatment. Bodies of the deceased have recovered and handed over to their families. The district administration has announced Rs 20,000 ex gratia each to kin of deceased.
- Next story 4 engineering students drown in Bhogapuram village
- Previous story Sterling K. Brown, Elisabeth Moss win big at 2018 Golden Globes
- BSP decided to contest upcoming polls in alliance with Janta Congress Chhattisgarh: Mayawati
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican relieves Franco Mulakkal from diocese duties, protests continue
- BSF jawan killing is an extreme form of barbaric act: MEA
- Equitable thinking & development key to state’s prosperity: CM Raje