New Delhi, Oct 22 (ANI): Depression is a fact of life, so it is important to recognize that there is nothing to feel shame when experiencing depression. When unchecked, depression can assume an alarming character with many succumbing to it and ending their lives. Depression can affect a person’s overall well-being as its symptoms include headache, shortness of breath, stomach problems, and general physical tension. People battling with depression can experience difficulty in carrying out their daily activities. They may feel a sudden withdrawal from activities that were once enjoyable to them. Social aloofness is among the most common characteristics. “At worst, depression can lead to suicide, now the second leading cause of death among 15-29-year olds,” says WHO. 5 Facts about Depression: Depression has different triggers. Headache, stomach problems, shortness of breath, and general physical tension can all be symptoms of depression. Depressed people might not look depressed. People suffering from depression can experience difficulty in carrying out daily activities. Depression is a leading cause of disability. 5 ways to overcome Depression: Watch happy and funny movies or TV shows. Do not confine yourself to four walls of your room, step out. If you can’t leave a room or bed, it’s still important to connect with others. Play guided meditations and spiritual audio tracks to relax. Keep yourself busy in creative and productive activities. In the end, walk up, dress up and give this world your best.
- Next story Government seeks DNA samples of missing Indian’s kin
- Previous story BSF organises Half Marathon across nation to commemorate sacrifices of paramilitary forces
- Tillerson: Evidence sanctions ‘really starting to hurt’ North Korea
- Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan’s 1994 saga gets its own museum
- Watch: President Kovind presents Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards
- Black Box introduces VR Gym for interactive work out sessions
- Angry coach tells perv doctor to ‘go to hell’ in court