New Delhi, Oct 21 (ANI): Dengue fever has gripped almost the entire nation with death toll seeing an increase with each passing day. The fever is caused due to bite of an infected female aedes aegypti mosquito and can be fatal. It takes about four to ten days for the symptoms to show once bitten. The most common symptoms of dengue are: High fever, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, nausea and vomiting, swollen glands, muscle and joint pain and skin rash. As the famous saying goes, prevention is better than cure. Dengue can be completely prevented and it’s always good to take precautionary measures to stay safe. Here are 5 easy tips to be mosquito-free and prevent dengue: Do not have stagnant water around as it acts as breeding ground for the mosquitoes. Apply mosquito repellents on all exposed areas, during the day as well as at night on a daily basis. Always sleep under a mosquito net. Always cover your trash can or dustbin when not in use. Use camphor as repellent, light camphor in a room and close all the doors and windows. Leave it for about 15 minutes to have a mosquito free environment.
- Next story 5 vehicles deployed for railway line construction torched by Maoists
- Previous story Terrorists frustrated over improving conditions in Kashmir valley: Army Chief
- Here’s why Miley Cyrus deleted all her Instagram posts
- Naxals indoctrinate kids after failing to lure tribesmen
- Congress women’s wing protests against Haryana govt over Morni gang rape
- Hindu pilgrims, Muslim traders bond at Amarnath Pilgrimage
- Muslims in Allahabad raze parts of mosques to make way for Kumbh pilgrims