New Delhi, Jan 11 (ANI): Chief Ministers of six states – Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Haryana today, in the presence of Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari, signed an agreement for the construction of Renukaji Dam, which will facilitate water availability in these states. Today’s meeting is a follow-up of an agreement signed 10 years ago on August 28, 2018. Under the Renukaji multipurpose dam project, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri – in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh of Upper Yamuna Basin.
- 6 CMs sign water sharing agreement in presence of Nitin Gadkari
- Pakistan continue to provide support to banned terrorist outfits: MEA
- Following divorce, Jeff Bezos’ romantic texts to news anchor surfaces online
- Pakistan should be last country to lecture New Delhi on plurality: MEA
- Congress holds protest against screening of ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’ in Kolkata