Gardez (Afghanistan), Oct 18 (ANI): As many as 60 people were killed and hundreds were injured after Taliban militants attacked a number of government buildings across the country on Tuesday. The deadliest attack occurred in eastern city of Gardez. Two Taliban suicide car bombers struck a police training centre, before gunmen stormed in. Security forces succeeded in killing at least five of the attackers while more than 20 officers died in the assault. One of victims of the attack told he was at the barber shop when he heard a loud explosion. His hands and head were injured and several other causalities were reported in the area. The militants also attacked in Ghazni province where they set off armored vehicles packed with explosives near the governor’s office, killing dozens.
- 60 killed after Taliban attacks government buildings across Afghanistan
- Maharashtra transport strike enters Day 2
- Watch: ‘Maha Aarti’ performed at Mahakaal Temple to mark ‘Naraka Chaturdashi’
- Donald Trump pitches tax reform plan in speech at Heritage Foundation
- Team Has Watched Their Mistakes Ahead Of The Korea Match –Harmanpreet