Kathmandu (Nepal) June 29 (ANI): The second phase of local polls, which were conducted in three provinces of the Southern plains of Nepal, witnessed a 70 percent turnout, according to the Election Commission.The first phase of local polls that commenced after a gap of about two decades witnessed the highest turnover of 73 percent. The first phase, which was held on May 14, covered 34 districts of the three provinces.The second phase of polls was commenced in peaceful manner with minor reports of clashes between political parties. Province No. 2, the homeland of the Rastriya Janata Party- Nepal, has been leading a protest against the constitution which was implemented since September of 2015. The RJP-N also had denounced the second phase election of Wednesday and called for a complete shut down in the region.
- 70 percent turnout recorded in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- Doctor slaps ‘possessed’ woman repeatedly to revive her
- Big-B, Aamir, Salman, Priyanka, Deepika, Aishwarya, Irrfan among Oscar body’s invitees
- All You Need To Know About GSAT-17 Launched Today
- People in Nagaland strives towards fitness regime