Kathmandu (Nepal) June 29 (ANI): The second phase of local polls, which were conducted in three provinces of the Southern plains of Nepal, witnessed a 70 percent turnout, according to the Election Commission.The first phase of local polls that commenced after a gap of about two decades witnessed the highest turnover of 73 percent. The first phase, which was held on May 14, covered 34 districts of the three provinces.The second phase of polls was commenced in peaceful manner with minor reports of clashes between political parties. Province No. 2, the homeland of the Rastriya Janata Party- Nepal, has been leading a protest against the constitution which was implemented since September of 2015. The RJP-N also had denounced the second phase election of Wednesday and called for a complete shut down in the region.
- Next story ‘Dabangg 3’ is on Chulbul’s life before becoming Robinhood: Salman Khan
- Previous story Doctor slaps ‘possessed’ woman repeatedly to revive her
- Mother of Nirbhaya spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Renuka Chaudhary spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Sukma encounter: Mortal remains of CRPF ASI brought to his native place
- What about those above 12 years old?: Nirbhaya victim’s mother questions POCSO act
- Terrorist organizations are moving freely in Pakistan: Kashmiri leader