Nagapattinam (Tamil Nadu), Oct 20 (ANI): At least eight people died after roof of a bus depot’s rest room collapsed in Tamil Nadu’s Nagapattinam on Friday. Three people were rescued from the debris. Chief Minister, E. K. Palaniswami, announced compensation of Rs. 1.5 Lakh for victims with severe injuries and Rs. 50,000 for people with mild injuries. He also announced Rs. 7.5 Lakh for next of kin of the deceased. Besides, Government jobs will be provided to any one member of the deceased’s family. The police have reached the spot and the victims have been shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Further details are awaited.
- Next story Aamir Khan welcomes Shah Rukh with a ‘tight hug’ at his grand Diwali bash
- Previous story PM Modi prays at Kedarnath Temple ahead of its closure for winter
- OYO announces another international expansion after Malaysia and Nepal, venturing into China
- Credit for International Yoga Day truly goes to PM Modi: CM Yogi Adityanath
- GE kicked out of Dow Industrial
- Nasdaq rises to record high
- Promoting bio fuels, energy efficiency are our priorities: Dharmendra Pradhan