Nagapattinam (Tamil Nadu), Oct 20 (ANI): At least eight people died after roof of a bus depot’s rest room collapsed in Tamil Nadu’s Nagapattinam on Friday. Three people were rescued from the debris. Chief Minister, E. K. Palaniswami, announced compensation of Rs. 1.5 Lakh for victims with severe injuries and Rs. 50,000 for people with mild injuries. He also announced Rs. 7.5 Lakh for next of kin of the deceased. Besides, Government jobs will be provided to any one member of the deceased’s family. The police have reached the spot and the victims have been shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Further details are awaited.
- Next story Aamir Khan welcomes Shah Rukh with a ‘tight hug’ at his grand Diwali bash
- Previous story PM Modi prays at Kedarnath Temple ahead of its closure for winter
- Ayushman Bharat health scheme is ‘Sankat Mochan Yojna’ for poor: Rajnath Singh
- Rahul Gandhi should choose words with care, says Jaitley on his “chowkidar” statement
- Watch: Pakistan High Commissioner to India evades questions on PM Imran’s recent tweet
- Salvatore Ferragamo – Women’s and Men’s Spring/Summer 2019 Collection in Milan
- CAG will look into pricing of Rafale jets: Jaitley