Nagapattinam (Tamil Nadu), Oct 20 (ANI): At least eight people died after roof of a bus depot’s rest room collapsed in Tamil Nadu’s Nagapattinam on Friday. Three people were rescued from the debris. Chief Minister, E. K. Palaniswami, announced compensation of Rs. 1.5 Lakh for victims with severe injuries and Rs. 50,000 for people with mild injuries. He also announced Rs. 7.5 Lakh for next of kin of the deceased. Besides, Government jobs will be provided to any one member of the deceased’s family. The police have reached the spot and the victims have been shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Further details are awaited.
- Next story Aamir Khan welcomes Shah Rukh with a ‘tight hug’ at his grand Diwali bash
- Previous story PM Modi prays at Kedarnath Temple ahead of its closure for winter
- Virginia student says ‘never again’ for black female victims
- Cape Epic leaders continue to dominate with Stage 6 wins
- Massive crowds rally across U.S. for tighter gun control
- 15-year old girl ends life over alleged harassment by boys
- Pakistan’s ISI indoctrinating, training Sikh youths, Indian government says