Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu), July 26 (ANI): On the second death anniversary of former president APJ Abdul Kalam on July 27, Prime Minister Narender Modi will dedicate the memorial for the late President and India’s ‘Missile Man’ at Peykarambu in Rameswaram to the public. Family members of Kalam, including his grand nephew APJ Sheik Saleem, observed payers at the memorial. Kalam’s memorial has been built near the tomb where he was laid to rest exactly two years ago on that date. The foundation stone of the memorial was laid by the Central Government last year. The entire construction was designed and handled by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The material, to build this aesthetically beautiful building, was collected from various parts of the country. This majestic structure has a central domed-hall and a pleasing green belt around it. A seven feet tall bronze statue of Dr. Kalam has been built behind the monument.
- Previous story Through ‘Indu Sarkar’, Bhandarkar wants present generation to know what happened during emergency
- Abdul Kalam’s family members observe special prayers at his memorial
- Through ‘Indu Sarkar’, Bhandarkar wants present generation to know what happened during emergency
- UK to ban new petrol and diesel cars from 2040
- Rahul Bose & Vidya Balan Come Together To Eliminate Child Sexual Abuse
- Frank Sinatra’s 4th wife Barbara dies at age 90