Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu), July 26 (ANI): On the second death anniversary of former president APJ Abdul Kalam on July 27, Prime Minister Narender Modi will dedicate the memorial for the late President and India’s ‘Missile Man’ at Peykarambu in Rameswaram to the public. Family members of Kalam, including his grand nephew APJ Sheik Saleem, observed payers at the memorial. Kalam’s memorial has been built near the tomb where he was laid to rest exactly two years ago on that date. The foundation stone of the memorial was laid by the Central Government last year. The entire construction was designed and handled by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The material, to build this aesthetically beautiful building, was collected from various parts of the country. This majestic structure has a central domed-hall and a pleasing green belt around it. A seven feet tall bronze statue of Dr. Kalam has been built behind the monument.
- Next story 1962 Indo-China Rezang La war memorial vandalized
- Previous story Through ‘Indu Sarkar’, Bhandarkar wants present generation to know what happened during emergency
- New York governor says Statue of Liberty to reopen
- Graham gives play-by-play on shutdown talks
- Las Vegas protesters join worldwide anti-Trump Womens March
- In second day of shutdown, Republicans, Democrats dig in for fight
- Ahead of PM Modi’s visit, avalanche advisory issued in Davos due to heavy snowfall