Vadodara (Gujarat), Oct 30 (ANI): The model code of conduct was torn into tatters months before the Gujarat elections, after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress leaders distributed money to the people in the name of faith in Vadodara. People were garlanded, given a coconut and Rs. 50 by the leaders of rival parties. When quizzed in this regard, the Congress said they are following a tradition which has been in existence from last 30 years.
- Ahead of Gujarat polls, BJP, Congress leaders caught distributing money to people in ‘name of faith’
- PM Modi welcomes Italian counterpart Paolo Gentiloni, accorded ceremonial welcome
- 29 killed by Al-Shabaab militants in Mogadishu
- An emotional homecoming for Syrian hostages who escaped Islamic State
- Kurdish leader resigns after independence vote backfires