The Medecins Sans Frontieres aid group is blaming the Saudi-led coalition for damage to a hospital it says was caused by a missile strike. No reporter narration.
Aid group: ‘Yemen hospital bombed”
ROUGH CUT – NO REPORTER NARRATION
Footage on Thursday (October 29) showed the aftermath of what Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) says was a missile strike on a hospital of the medical aid group in north Yemen on Monday (October 26).
MSF said that the Saudi-led coalition, which intervened in Yemen’s civil war in March to try to restore the government after it was toppled by Iran-allied Houthi forces, was responsible for the strikes but the coalition denied that its planes have hit the hospital.
MSF President Meguerditch Terzian told Reuters Television in Paris that despite the coalition’s denial of involvement, there was no doubt who was behind the attack.
“Since the beginning of the last conflict, only coalition forces planes are capable to organise strikes and military strikes in the country. The other belligerents, they don’t have planes circulating in Yemen. We have no doubt that the coalition forces bombed Heedan district and they bombed as well our hospital,” Terzian said.
The attack caused minor injuries and no one was killed but MSF chief of operations told Reuters that the medical charity needed to have the coalition acknowledge the attack to be able to continue to work on the ground.
Earlier this month, 22 people were killed when a U.S. air strike hit an MSF hospital in Afghanistan.