Unrest in both houses of the state legislature flared up after the Bharatiya Janata Party leaders attacked Samajwadi Party legislator Abu Azmi and AIMIM’s Waris Pathan for opposing the demand to make it mandatory for students to sing Vande Mataram in all educational institutes. In another showdown between the two groups, BJP legislature Raj Purohit and AIMIM MLA Waris Pathan were seen engaged in an ugly spat outside the premises of Maharashtra assembly. While Waris Pathan said that he has right to practice his religion as per the Constitution of India and will not chant ‘Vande Mataram’ at any cost, BJP leader Raj Purohit made it clear that people who want to stay in India will have to chant Vande Mataram.
- Next story Buzz Around Basketball Growing In India- Kevin Durant
- Previous story Team Didn’t Think Too Much About The Loss- Deepti Sharma
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh