New Delhi, July 23 (ANI): Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will be felicitated at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) for her contribution to global cinema. Celebrating ‘India at 70!’ as a part of the festival’s celebration of Indian cinema, Aishwarya will be hoisting the Indian national flag at Melbourne’s Federation Square. She will be the first Indian woman to do so. The actress will also be felicitated by the Victorian Government at the Westpac IFFM Awards night on August 11. “The Indian film festival of Melbourne is honoured to welcome Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as our much-loved guest to IFFM this year. She’s a global icon and extremely loved by the audiences in Australia..it will be a proud moment for all Indians when she becomes the first Indian woman to hoist the National Flag at the pulse point of Melbourne – the Federation Square,” Mitu Bhowmick Lange, Festival Director, said in a statement. “In light of her incredible contribution to world cinema she will be felicitated by the government which we are all looking forward to,” Bhowmick added.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to be felicitated at IIFM in Australia
- Union Minister Vijay Goel flags off 10th Slum Yuva Daud
- ‘Terrorism has become Pakistan’s state policy’, says NDA’s vice-presidential nominee Venkaiah Naidu
- 3 dead, 2 injured as bakery’s chimney collapses
- ICC World Cup 2017: Mumbaikars wish Women’s team as India eye new chapter in history