Ajax held to goalless draw by NAC Breda
SHOWS: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (APRIL 19, 2015) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS ABOVE) AJAX (RED/WHITE) V NAC BREDA (YELLOW) 1. PLAYERS WALKING ONTO PITCH 2. AJAX SUPPORTERS WAVING BANNER FIRST HALF 3.
Ajax held to goalless draw by NAC Breda
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (APRIL 19, 2015) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS ABOVE)
AJAX (RED/WHITE) V NAC BREDA (YELLOW)
1. PLAYERS WALKING ONTO PITCH
2. AJAX SUPPORTERS WAVING BANNER
3. SAVE – NAC BREDA ATTACK – LONG BALL PLAYED FORWARD TO WINGER ADNANE TIGHADOUINI (11) WIDE ON LEFT OF PITCH, TIGHADOUINI DRIBBLES INTO PENALTY AREA AND SHOOTS STRAIGHT AT AJAX GOALKEEPER JASPER CILLESSEN (1) AFTER 14 MIN
4. TIGHADOUINI WALKING AWAY
5. SAVE – AJAX ATTACK, WINGER LUCAS ANDERSEN (16) PLAYS SHORT PASS TO DEFENDER JAIRO RIEDEWALD (12), RIEDEWALD PASSES THROUGH TO FORWARD KOLBEINN SIGTHORSSON (9) WHO SHOOTS LOW FORCING A GOOD SAVE FROM NAC BREDA GOALKEEPER JELLE TEN ROUWELAAR (1) AFTER 32 MIN
6. SIGTHORSSON WALKING BACK
7. SAVE – AJAX ATTACK, AJAX MIDFIELDER DAVY KLAASEN (10) FORCES ERROR FROM NAC BREDA PLAYER, BALL FALLS TO MIDFIELDER DALEY SINKGRAVEN (8) WHO SHOOTS FROM DISTANCE, TEN ROUWELAAR (1) TIPS THE BALL OVER THE CROSSBAR AFTER 38 MIN
8. SINKGRAVEN REACTS
9. SAVE – AJAX ATTACK, ANDERSEN (16) PLAYS PASS TO MIDFIELDER RIECHEDLY BAZOER (27) WHO SHOOTS ACROSS GOAL FROM DISTANCE FORCING DIVING SAVE FROM TEN ROUWELAAR (1)
10. TEN ROUWELAAR WALKING BACK TO GOAL LINE
11. CHANCE – AJAX ATTACK, AJAX DEFENDER JOEL VELTMAN (3) PASSES FORWARD TO SINKGRAVEN (8), PLAYS THROUGH BALL TO WINGER ANWAR EL GHAZI (21), GOALKEEPER TEN ROUWELAAR (1) COMES OUT AND TACKLES AFTER 49 MIN
12. NAC BREDA DEFENDER KENNY VAN DER WEG REACTS
13. CHANCE – AJAX FREE KICK, SINKGRAVEN (8) FIRES DIRECT FREE KICK ONTO CROSS BAR
14. SINKGRAVEN REACTS
15. CHANCE – NAC BREDA ATTACK, MIDFIELDER DEMY DE ZEEUW (16) PLAYS PASS OUT WIDE TO WINGER JEFFREY SARPONG (8), SARPONG CROSSES TO FORWARD MATS SEUNT JENS (20) WHO SHOOTS WIDE FROM 5 YARDS AFTER 65 MIN
16. SEUNT JENS PUTS HIS HEAD AGAINST GOAL POST
17. SAVE – AJAX CORNER, KLAASEN (10) HEADS TOWARDS GOAL, GOALKEEPER TEN ROUWELAAR (1) DIVES TO PUSH THE BALL WIDE
18. VELTMAN (3) STANDING IN NET
19. SAVE – AJAX ATTACK, KLAASEN (10) PLAYS ANDERSEN (16) THROUGH ONE ON ONE WITH GOALKEEPER, ANDERSEN SHOOTS BUT TEN ROUWELAAR SAVES HIS EFFORT AFTER 84 MIN
20. ANDERSEN WITH HIS HANDS ON HIS HEAD
21. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF NAC BREDA DEFENDER GILL SWERTS (22) FOULING AJAX MIDFIELDER THULANI SERERO (25)
22. REFEREE SHOWS SWERTS THE RED CARD
STORY: Ajax Amsterdam had to settle for a goalless draw against a spirited NAC Breda on Sunday (April 19).
The result means Ajax are still to secure their qualification for next seasons Champions League preliminary round as they sit nine points ahead of third placed Feyenoord with three matches left to play.
After an entertaining match both sides will rue missed opportunities to take the three points.
NAC Breda winger Adnane Tighadouini had a chance to open the scoring for the away side after 14 minutes, but his tight angled shot was saved comfortably by Ajax goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen.
It was then the turn of Breda’s keeper Jelle Ten Rouwelaar to take the limelight, making three fine saves before the half-time break.
First Ten Rouwelaar thwarted Ajax forward Kolbeinn Sigthorsson after a nice passing move by the hosts. Daley Sinkgraven and Riechedly Bazoer then stung Ten Rouwelaar’s hands from distance.
More chances for Ajax followed soon after the break, with Sinkgraven playing Anwar El Ghazi through on goal only for his progress to be blocked by Ten Rouwelaar at the edge of the area.
After 65 minutes NAC Breda saw their best chance to win the match go begging, striker Mats Seunt Jens firing wide from close range after reaching Jeffrey Sarpong’s inviting cross.
Lucas Andersen had Ajax’s best chance late on, racing through one on one with the Breda goalkeeper, only to see Ten Rouwelaar once again get his hands to the shot.
Substitute Gill Swerts was given a straight red card late on for the visitors.