Unnao (Uttar Pradesh), Aug 17 (ANI): Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was detained on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway in Hasanganj and later released, on Thursday. Akhilesh was on his way to meet his party workers in Uttar Pradesh’s Auraiya. Akhilesh alleged that the police do not want him to meet the party workers and everything was constructed so that a Bharatiya Janata Party leader can win the Panchayat presidential polls. Reportedly, a few party workers were also detained after they had a clash with the police in Auraiya.
- Next story PM Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative has failed, says Rahul Gandhi
- Previous story ‘Sanjhi Virasat Bachao’event attended by tainted, painted people, says KC Tyagi
- Tripura Election 2018: 78.56 percent voter turnout recorded till 9pm, voting underway
- India beats South Africa by 28 runs to win 1st T20I
- Russian medalist suspected of Olympic doping
- Guns can’t, only dialogues can solve problems: CM Mufti
- Purani sarkaaron ka swabhav tha latkana, atkana, bhatkana: PM Modi