celebrity at the receiving end of the internet trolls after he shared a picture of himself holding the tricolour upside down while cheering for the Indian women’s cricket team at the ICC Women’s World Cup final at Lord’s. Today, the actor has revealed what actually happened in one of the pictures where he was seen holding the Indian flag upside down on July 23. The ‘Rustom’ star, who was present at a press conference for his upcoming movie ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’, noted, “What happened is, I was unfurling the flag and at the time I noticed it was upside down. While I was trying to steady it, someone clicked a photo from behind and even I did not notice it. But if someone’s sentiments are hurt, I seek an apology.” It should be noted that Akshay shared some of his photos from the match while cheering for the team. In one such picture, the actor is seen holding the Indian flag upside down. Though the actor didn’t realise it when it was posted, it created a furore on social media later on. Upon realising this, the actor later deleted the picture and issued a public apology via tweets. ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’ also stars Bhumi Pednekar and Anupam Kher in pivotal roles and is slated to hit the big screens on August 11.
- Akshay Kumar tells what really happened behind the Indian flag photo
- RJD MLA holds Lalu’s ‘love for son’ Tejashwi responsible for split in grand alliance
- ‘Shiksha mitras’stage statewide protest against SC order, demand permanent jobs
- 38,000 litres of liquor worth over Rs. 60 Lakh destroyed
- 3 Gujarat Congress MLAs join BJP