Ali Bongo sworn in as president of Gabon after disputed election
Gabon President Ali Bongo is sworn in for a second term after a court rejected opposition claims that he won the August 27 election by fraud.
SHOTLIST ONLY, FULL SCRIPT TO FOLLOW.
SHOWS: LIBREVILLE, GABON (SEPTEMBER 27, 2016) (GABON 24 – NO ACCESS GABON)
1. GABON PRESIDENT ALI BONGO ONDIMBA WALKING UP TO PODIUM
2. CONSTITUTIONAL COURT PRESIDENT MARIE-MADELEINE MBORANTSUO
3. (SOUNDBITE) (French) GABON PRESIDENT, ALI BONGO ONDIMBA, SAYING:
“I swear to devote all my strength for the good of the Gabonese people in order to ensure their well-being and protect it from all harm, to uphold and defend the constitution and rule of law, to conscientiously fulfil the duties with which I’ve been entrusted, and to be fair to all, I swear it.”
4. (SOUNDBITE) (French) CONSTITUTIONAL COURT PRESIDENT, MARIE-MADELEINE MBORANTSUO, SAYING:
“The Constitutional Court recognizes your oath and directs you to exercise your high functions.”
5. BONGO WALKING BACK UP TO HIS SEAT (AUDIO OF APPLAUSE)
6. MALI PRESIDENT IBRAHIM BOUBACAR KEITA (LEFT, IN LIGHT BLUE), SENEGAL PRIME MINISTER MOHAMMED DIONNE (BEHIND KEITA, IN DARK SUIT) AND TOGO PRESIDENT FAURE GNASSINGBE (RIGHT, IN RED TIE) CLAPPING
7. VARIOUS OF BONGO BEING AWARDED GRAND MASTER OF THE NATIONAL ORDERS NECKLACE
8. BONGO’S WIFE, SYLVIA BONGO ONDIMBA, SITTING NEXT TO GABON PRIME MINISTER DANIEL ONA ONDO
9. VARIOUS OF MBORANTSUO WALKING UP TO BONGO WITH CONSTITUTION
10. BONGO ACCEPTING AND KISSING CONSTITUTION
11. KEITA (RIGHT) AND DIONNE (BEHIND KEITA, IN DARK SUIT)
12. MBORANTSUO WALKING OFF STAGE
13. VARIOUS OF BONGO STANDING AND THEN TAKING HIS SEAT
14. GNASSINGBE (LEFT) AND NIGER PRESIDENT MAHAMADOU ISSOUFOU
STORY TO FOLLOW.