Hamipur/Shimla/Gandhinagar, Dec 18 (ANI): Residents of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh are keeping their fingers crossed as the counting for much-awaited assembly polls began on Monday. Counting for the two phase Gujarat Assembly elections began at 8 a.m. and results are expected to come out by afternoon. In Himachal Pradesh, Congress leader and six-time Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is fighting against former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal to be the next head of the state. The state has 26 parliamentary constituencies and 182 assembly constituencies. Heavy security has been deployed at the counting centres in wake of the big result.
- Next story ‘I assure you that there can be no tampering with the EVMs’: CEC AK Joti
- Previous story Thousands of Santas make a run for it during Mexico Christmas race
- Chaitra Navratri: Devotees flock to temples on Ekadashi
- 10 killed after bus falls into pit
- UK to consider next step after Russia announces expulsion of British diplomats
- Now track status of your lost belongings with UMANG App
- Coping skills helpful for patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, says study