Hamipur/Shimla/Gandhinagar, Dec 18 (ANI): Residents of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh are keeping their fingers crossed as the counting for much-awaited assembly polls began on Monday. Counting for the two phase Gujarat Assembly elections began at 8 a.m. and results are expected to come out by afternoon. In Himachal Pradesh, Congress leader and six-time Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is fighting against former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal to be the next head of the state. The state has 26 parliamentary constituencies and 182 assembly constituencies. Heavy security has been deployed at the counting centres in wake of the big result.
- Next story ‘I assure you that there can be no tampering with the EVMs’: CEC AK Joti
- Previous story Thousands of Santas make a run for it during Mexico Christmas race
- OYO announces another international expansion after Malaysia and Nepal, venturing into China
- Credit for International Yoga Day truly goes to PM Modi: CM Yogi Adityanath
- GE kicked out of Dow Industrial
- Nasdaq rises to record high
- Promoting bio fuels, energy efficiency are our priorities: Dharmendra Pradhan