New Delhi, July 28 (ANI): A jump in Amazon’s stock on Thursday turned the company’s president and CEO Jeff Bezos into the richest man on Earth, according to Forbes. Bezos’ net worth is now $91.5 billion. He surpassed the previous title holder, Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist, Bill Gates. Gates’ net worth is estimated at $90.1 billion. Economist Cary Leahey says it’s paper money. Amazon’s stock has surged more than 40 percent over the last year, adding tens of billions of dollars in wealth to Bezos. According to Thomson Reuters data from April, Bezos holds nearly 81 million shares of Amazon, or about 17 percent of the company.
- Next story Sushmita Sen Snapped With Younger Daughter Alisah
- Previous story ICW 2017: Dia Mirza looks stunning as ‘Radha’ in Anju Modi’s collection
- Y/Project: Men’s and women’s show Autumn/Winter 2018/19 (with interview)
- NTR Trust teams up with Facebook for blood donation drive
- Leading Kashmiri publishing house enters Limca Book of Records 2018
- Caught on cam: Two injured after car hits bike
- First Bidding Round of Open Acreage Licensing Policy launched