Guwahati (Assam) June 30 (ANI): The Ambubachi Mela began in the Nilachal Hills in Guwahati amidst spiritual fervor.The temple doors were opened after four days on Monday. The doors remained closed for four days as it is believed that at this time of the year, the Goddess Shakti or Mother Earth goes through her annual cycle of menstruation and acquires fertility. Pilgrims, including tantrics and Sanyasis congregated at the mela to seek Devi Kamakhya’s blessings after the temple doors were re-opened.Kamakhya is prominent among the 51 Shakti peeths in India. The Shakti Sadhnas have always been highly associated with the Kamakhya Temple for years. Thousands of pilgrims and even foreigners came to witness the spectacular Ambubachi Mela.
- Next story 24th police conference of DGPs, IGs of Northeast held
- Previous story Consumer Will Be The King After GST: Anupriya Patel
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend a reception for the forthcoming Invictus Games
- Demand for flower, plant saplings surges in spring season in Kashmir
- Watch: Commuters given buttermilk to beat the heat
- DCW chief Swati Maliwal to end fast tomorrow after Centre introduces death for child rape
- Suspect in latest Florida school shooting: ‘I shot through the door’