Attari-Wagah Border, Aug 14 (ANI): While few hours are left to cherish the spirit of Independence in India, the neighbouring nation, Pakistan, broke into celebrations of its 70th Independence Day, on Monday. Amid the prevailing tension at borders, the Pakistani rangers presented sweets and gifts to the Indian forces at the Attari-Wagah Border to mark the occasion. The two nations are completing 70 years of Independence after the partition post British Rule in 1947. This was facilitated by the British parliament passing the Indian Independence Act 1947, thereby giving recognition to Pakistan.
- Next story Shahid Kapoor new pic with daughter Misha will surely drive away your Monday Blues!
- Previous story Residents flee as wildfires blaze in Greece
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail