New Delhi, July 30 (ANI): Designer Anita Dongre showcased her Winter’17 collection titled ‘Tree of Love’ on Day 6 of the ongoing India Couture Week 2017 in the national capital. The collection, inspired by the designer’s love for trees and the Bishnoi tribe, pays homage to the Bishnoi community’s spiritual reverse for nature using intricate weaves and embroideries that celebrate fine Indian craftsmanship and a way of life. The collection combined traditional weaves and exquisite embroideries with silhouettes influenced by contemporary styles for both brides and grooms. Every ensemble told the story of nature in hues of blue, rich maroons, inky black, and a stunning emerald green. Anita Dongre’s outfits were complemented by stunning pieces from Pink city, her fine jewellery label of uncut diamonds. Starting with a contemporary presentation of minimal jewelry, the show built up to resplendent bridal couture with layered pieces. Also part of the collection was classic menswear looks. The designer made a strong statement with the showstopper look in traditional red flanked by her bridesmaids in classic gold.
- Next story Terror funding case: Raids underway at residence of Devinder Singh Bhel
- Previous story Aditi Rao Hydari sizzles ICW ramp in Gaurav Gupta’s ‘Moondust’ collection
- New York governor says Statue of Liberty to reopen
- Graham gives play-by-play on shutdown talks
- Las Vegas protesters join worldwide anti-Trump Womens March
- In second day of shutdown, Republicans, Democrats dig in for fight
- Ahead of PM Modi’s visit, avalanche advisory issued in Davos due to heavy snowfall