Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Oct 24 (ANI): The Andhra Pradesh Government, on Tuesday, distributed mosquito nets to prevent spreading of vector-borne diseases like dengue and malaria. The long-lasting insecticide nets were distributed as part of the mosquito eradication programme of the Centre. The nets were given to the poor and backward people. Under the scheme, the Andhra Government plans to distribute 21 Lakh, 52 Thousand nets across the state. The programme was launched by state Health and Medical Education Minister, Kamineni Srinivas, in Vijayawada’s Vambay Colony. The initiative will be expanded to all districts of the state.
- Previous story Students forced to study on road after owner demolishes building without prior information
- AP Government distributes free mosquito nets to poor, underprivileged
- Students forced to study on road after owner demolishes building without prior information
- Response to terrorism still ‘country focused’: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani
- Centre announces Public Sector Bank capitalisation plan for Rs. 2,11,000 crore
- I felt roads in MP are better than US: Shivraj Chouhan