Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Oct 24 (ANI): The Andhra Pradesh Government, on Tuesday, distributed mosquito nets to prevent spreading of vector-borne diseases like dengue and malaria. The long-lasting insecticide nets were distributed as part of the mosquito eradication programme of the Centre. The nets were given to the poor and backward people. Under the scheme, the Andhra Government plans to distribute 21 Lakh, 52 Thousand nets across the state. The programme was launched by state Health and Medical Education Minister, Kamineni Srinivas, in Vijayawada’s Vambay Colony. The initiative will be expanded to all districts of the state.
- Next story Police baton charge Anganwadi workers, several injured
- Previous story Students forced to study on road after owner demolishes building without prior information
- Cadets hit out at Rahul Gandhi over his NCC remark
- Fire breaks out in godown in Delhi’s Swaroop Nagar, later doused
- CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan congratulates state farmers for Krishi Karman Award
- Virginia student says ‘never again’ for black female victims
- Cape Epic leaders continue to dominate with Stage 6 wins