Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh), July 02 (ANI): In yet another incident related to the unavailability of ambulances, a woman, who died after being hit by a train, was carried in a rickshaw for post-mortem in Uttar Pradesh’s Firozabad. The incident marks a new blot to the ignorance of medical institutions towards the economically underprivileged people. There have been numerous incidents in U.P. regarding the unavailability of government ambulances following which the people have to find other alternatives ways to mobilise the dead bodies. Few months back, Dana Majhi from Odisha created headlines after he carried his wife’s body for kilometers after hospital authorities refused to provide an ambulance.
- Appalling! Woman’s body carried in a rickshaw for post-mortem
- Heavy rain causes flash floods in Manipur
- PM Modi releases book ‘President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Cheers! Locals throng bars as 77 liquor outlets re-open their doors
- Bid to make Northeast region a medical tourism hub