Srinagar, Aug 07 (ANI): National Conference President Farooq Abdullah has raised objections over the Central government’s stand on Article 35(A). Farooq said that Article 35(A) is the foundation of the state and if there is debate on the legality of the Article, there has to be a debate on the accession also. He also said that the abrogation of the article will change the demographics of the state. Earlier, Abdullah chaired a meeting of the J&K Opposition parties at his residence, to discuss on the relevance of Article 35(A), which provides special rights to permanent residents of the state.
- “Article 35(A) can’t be abrogated, will stand by it”, says Farooq Abdullah
- President Ramnath Kovind celebrates 1st ‘Raksha Bandhan’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vrindavan widows, students tie ‘rakhi’ on PM Modi’s wrist on ‘Raksha Bandhan’
- Sisters tied the Rakhi to the army jawans on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan
- Preparation For The World Championship Is Good-Bajrang Punia