Assam, Aug 17 (ANI): Hundreds of people have been affected due to heavy floods in various parts of Assam. Heavy rain over the past few days has worsened the flood situation in the state as lakhs of people have been displaced so far. The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) issued a report stating that about 33.3 lakh people in 3,186 villages were affected by the cascade. River embankments in many places affected humans, cattle and crop alike. 354 villages in Barpeta, 190 villages in Goalpara, 129 villages in Kamrup and 54 in Lakhimpur have been completely affected by the downpour.
- Next story Here’s why Chris Hemsworth was ‘weirdly shaken’ meeting Chris Pratt for first time
- Previous story Japan introduces solar heat-blocking pavements
- Automobile enthusiasts flock to vintage car rally in Delhi
- Olympics fire festival entertains visitors
- Thousands of demonstrators protest around Munich Security Conference venue, against ‘weapons deals’
- Winter festival to boost tourism begins in Pahalgam
- Watch: BSF soldiers assist in shifting woman post delivery