India woke up to “one nation on tax” after a midnight session in the parliament. Much less paperwork and almost nil scope for bribery and corruption will encourage more revenue collection and honest taxation. What practical results this rollout holds, only time can tell but one thing is for sure, India’s taxation will never be the same.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend a reception for the forthcoming Invictus Games
- Demand for flower, plant saplings surges in spring season in Kashmir
- Watch: Commuters given buttermilk to beat the heat
- DCW chief Swati Maliwal to end fast tomorrow after Centre introduces death for child rape
- Suspect in latest Florida school shooting: ‘I shot through the door’