Mumbai, Jan 14 (ANI): When the lifeline of transportation hampers its services, it causes grave inconvenience to the people. In Mumbai, the strike by Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply & Transport (BEST) bus employees has hampered commuting in the city as it entered its seventh day. Residents of Mumbai are facing inconvenience as they have to wait for other transportation amidst the strike. One of the residents said, “We have to wait long for any transport. When we take taxis they charge us a lot. This strike should be called off immediately.” The strike has been called over demands of implementation of the merger of the BEST budget with principal budget of the BMC, employee service residences etc.
- BEST bus strike enters 7th day in Mumbai
- Sajjan Kumar has filed bail appeal, hearing to take place after 6 weeks: HS Phoolka
- Gujarat govt announces 10% reservation for ECW in general category
- Kumbh Mela: Fire breaks out at camp of Digambar Akhada
- Dharmendra Pradhan participates in BJP Padyatra in Odisha’s Ganjam