Rameswaram, July 31 (ANI): A book titled ‘Bhagavad Gita’ was found by the statue of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in his memorial before the inauguration by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The incident has sparked a huge controversy with Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) alleging that it is BJP’s move to promote Hinduism. Dr. Kalam’s grand-nephew Sheikh Salim on Monday placed a Bible and Quran next to Bhagavad Gita, but the two holy books had to be removed reportedly after a Hindu organisation’s protest.
- Next story Kashmir’s ‘hidden talent’ blooms at dancing audition
- Previous story Caught on cam: Terrorists loot bank in Anantnag
- South Africa’s black punks rock Soweto
- Sen. Duckworth slams Trump calling him “five-deferment draft dodger”
- Turkey presses on with ‘Operation Olive Branch’
- Karni Sena workers distribute letter to theatre owners against film ‘Padmaavat’
- Bawana Fire: In all probability fire goes to be electrical origin, says DFS Director