Patna (Bihar), Aug 14 (ANI): As many as six National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams from Odisha left from Patna airport to provide food and basic amenities to those stranded in flood-hit areas. NDRF has sent three teams to Sitamarhi, one each to Muzaffarnagar and Gopalganj and one team has gone for Bettiah. Sixteen NDRF teams were already deployed to conduct relief and rescue operations. There are around forty jawans in each team and NDRF Commandant Vijay Sinha said they are enough for now. More teams might be deployed if and when required. District Magistrate of Patna, Sanjay Aggarwal said all the necessary steps to cover up the lives have been taken. State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) teams are already there supplying food to people. Bihar has been badly affected because of incessant rains this monsoon.
- Next story Spirit of independence missing as Indian policies are guided by West: Bhagat Singh’s Nephew
- Previous story After ‘Game of Thrones,’ hacker leaks fresh episodes of comedy series ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’
- No red tape but only red carpet for investors in UP: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- Jio to invest Rs 10,000 cr over three years in UP: Mukesh Ambani
- Potential, policy, planning and performance lead to progress: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit
- PM Modi inaugurates UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- SC stays criminal cases against Priya Prakash Varrier