Bandipora (J and K), Dec 30 (ANI): National Conference leader Akbar Lone yet again stirred up a row on ‘cow meat’ issue by claiming that both Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and People’s Democratic Party (PDP) consume cow and pig meat together. While addressing a gathering in J and K’s Bandipora, the NC leader also alleged that leaders of both the parties are two sides of the same coin. He added that Muslim community and people across Kashmir should boycott them. Earlier, the Central government banned the sale and purchase of cattle in animal markets for slaughter on the grounds that it violates the right to free trade. The controversy on cow meat is an ongoing issue which has involved recurring incidents of mob lynching ever since the first lynching incident of Mohammad Akhlaq in Dadri in 2015.
- Next story Wrestler Parveen Rana accuses Sushil’s supporters of threatening to kill him
- Previous story Families in grief after thousands of farmers commit suicide
- Budget 2019-20: J&K Governor Satyapal Malik approves massive allocation to public infrastructure
- Da Costa wins Formula E season-opener in Saudi Arabia
- Piyush Goyal, Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani dedicate India’s First Railway University to nation in Vadodara
- National security & defence sector are either punching bag or funding source for Congress: PM Modi
- Ahmed Patel meets RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha at his residence