Meerut (U.P.), Dec 12 (ANI): Bahujan Samaj Party’s (BSP) newly-elected Mayor from Meerut, Sunita Verma, on Tuesday stirred a controversy when she refused to stand up while ‘Vande Mataram’ was being recited during the swearing-in ceremony. After the incident, the BSP leader dogged questions raised by the media, asking them to question her only on the issue of ‘development’ and not ‘divert’ her attention.
- Next story Kacheguda Railway Station becomes 1st energy efficient railway station in Indian Railways
- Previous story Deployment of army in rough conditions an operational necessity: Indian Mountaineering Foundation President
- Watch: Fire breaks out at godown in Rohini’s Sector 21
- Village in Dehradun to become first gram panchayat to fully equipped with WiFi
- Devotees pray for rain at Naga Sakthi Amman with 10008 flowers
- Patients in distress as AIIMS doctors continue strike
- UP Minister Rajbhar sparks controversy, says ‘Yadavs, Rajputs drink the most as it’s their ancestral business’