Bulandshahr (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 04 (ANI): Abhishek Kumar, son of the deceased cop Subodh Kumar who was shot dead on December 3rd during Bulandshahr clashes, on Tuesday presented a brave face amid the unfortunate loss and asserted that his father always wanted his children to respect all religions. Abhishek said, “He wanted us to be good citizens. He wanted us to be people who don’t incite violence in the name of religion. Be it Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Christian everyone is equal here. It is my father who lost his life this time, who is going to be the next?” Abhishek Kumar, a class 12 student had just finished writing his exams when he received the unfortunate news of his father’s death. Additional Director General (ADG) of the Meerut (Zone), Prashant Kumar today informed that two accused have been arrested in connection with Kumar’s murder. Inspector Subodh Kumar and a local youth were killed in Bulandshahr on Monday when a mob went on a rampage over allegations of illegal cow slaughter. He was also the Investigating officer (IO) in the Akhlaq lynching case. Police have lodged two First Information Reports (FIRs) in the Bulandshahr case. One FIR is against the alleged cattle slaughter and the other against the violent protests which followed.
- Previous story Bulandshahr violence: UP CM has emerged as controversial leader, says Mallikarjun Kharge
- Bulandshahr violence: My father wanted us to be secular, says son of deceased cop
- Bulandshahr violence: UP CM has emerged as controversial leader, says Mallikarjun Kharge
- Bulandshahr violence: State govt will bring whoever is responsible to justice without bias, says Naqvi
- CM Yogi, CM Raman Singh attend ‘Sansthapak Samaroh Shobha Yatra’ in UP’s Gorakhpur
- J&K Panchayat Election live Reporting People queue up for 7 phase of polling