Chennai (TN), Jan 12 (ANI): Bus strike by bus drivers in Tamil Nadu demanding wage hike, after affecting daily lives of the people for more than a week, finally ended on late Thursday night. Buses started running normally on the streets of Tamil Nadu from Friday morning. The strike was called off after Madras High Court passed an interim order referring the wage dispute between the state government and state-owned transport corporations. The court accepted the temporary wage revision as proposed by the State Government.
- Next story Disputes should be settled by peace, negotiations instead of war: Former CJI Khehar on Ayodhya issue
- Previous story Trump questions taking immigrants from ‘shithole countries’, sources say
- Global markets: shares extend sell-off on growth, U.S. shutdown worries
- Israeli military begins sealing off cross-border tunnels from Lebanon
- Smith has eye on World Cup and Ashes, expects English backlash
- Delivery Hero cedes German market to Takeaway.com
- AIBOC observes 24 hour strike demanding wage revision, increased pension