New Delhi, Apr 19 (ANI): The Cabinet today cleared the Election Commission’s proposal to get the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) machines. They also cleared funding of Rs. 3173 crore for the Election Commission to buy these new VVPAT machines and Rs. 1,009 crore for the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs). The Election Commission since 2014 had given the government at least 11 reminders seeking funds for these new voting machines. When a person votes using these voting machines, it dispenses a slip with the symbol of the party for which he or she has voted, the voter can thus verify his vote and then drop the slip in a box that is provided to them.
- Next story Ready to face any punishment on Babri Masjid says Uma Bharti
- Previous story Ministers to do away with red beacon vehicles from May 1
- Jennifer Winget, Rashami Desai, Dipika Kakar Top 10 TV Actress Who Are Divorced In Real Life
- Rajkumar Hirani CONFIRMS DUTT Biopic TRAILER On 24th April
- Sunil Grover Becomes Salman Khans BEST FRIEND Signs Bharat
- Trump and Macron face differences in French visit
- Pooja Bhatt Slams Twitterati Like A Boss