New Delhi, Sep 23 (ANI): Rejecting allegations of a scam in the Rafale fighter plane deal, Finance Minister Arun Jaitely on Sunday said that whether the planes are bought at a higher rate or not is a matter for the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) to examine. Jaitley asserted that the present Rafale aircrafts are cheaper than what Congress-led UPA government had negotiated and added that all these facts and figures will be placed before the CAG. “Fortunately, there is pricing, and for security interest, that pricing can’t be disclosed in detail. But I have come as close to this. If you take a weaponised aircraft as of 2007, add the same two things to it again and bring it to 2016 level, the 2016 level is 20% cheaper. Now the CAG will go into pricing. They may not eventually disclose it, but about being 9% and 20% cheaper or not, they are looking into it. Congress has submitted a memorandum. The truth will come out,” Jaitley said.
- CAG will look into pricing of Rafale jets: Jaitley
- Hollande’s statement, Rahul’s tweet “orchestrated”: Arun Jaitley
- Ganesh Visarjan: People bid adieu to Ganpati Bappa
- Ganesh Visarjan: People bid adieu to ‘Nagpur Cha Raja’ with fervour & gaiety
- Arun Jaitley rules out any possibility of scrapping the Rafale deal