New Delhi, Oct 30 (ANI): Apple’s tenth-anniversary edition, premium iPhone X is loaded with facial recognition which will let the user to unlock the phone by recognising their face. The newly feature also raised concerns over how the technology may be used for nefarious purposes. The new face scan feature for unlocking the iPhone X may offer added convenience and security for iPhone users. Apple claims its “neural engine” for Face ID cannot be tricked by a photo or hacker. There are other company phones also in the market that allows facial recognition but Apple is the first to pack the technology allowing for a three-dimensional scan into a hand-held phone. Despite Apple’s claim of safeguard, privacy activists fear the widespread use of facial recognition would “normalise” the technology and can hamper the security. Apple’s system uses 30,000 infrared dots to create a digital image which is stored in a “secure enclave”. Apple claims that chances of a “random” person being able to unlock the device are one in a million. The highly awaited iPhone new edition is set to go on sale from November 3rd.
- Next story India, Italy sign 6 MoUs, committed to fight terror
- Previous story Is your child receiving 100% RDA to build stronger immunity to fight winters?
- Katrina Kaif Comes On Board for Educate Girls As Brand Ambassador
- Manjari Phadnis, Maniesh Paul and David Dhawan at Screening of Baa Baaa Black Sheep
- Soha Ali Khan Announces Winner Of Be Better Than Yourself Campaign
- Blast injures one in Austin, unrelated to bombs: police
- Trump comments on chances for GOP in the midterms