Catalonia’s leader has proclaimed independence but put it on hold. Regional leader Carles Puigdemont saying the ‘effects’ of independence should be postponed to allow for dialogue with the Spanish government. Lucy Fielder reports.
- Next story Robben retires after Sweden book playoff spot despite defeat to Netherlands
- Previous story Da Vinci portrait of Christ expected to fetch $100 mln at auction
- Texas serial bomber made video confession before he died
- ‘Pakistan Army supports jihadis, uses them against minorities’: Nadeem Nusrat
- ‘Pakistan-India can’t share good relations until its army stops interfering in politics’: Nadeem Nusrat
- IndiGo rejects report of partnership to bid for Air India
- Chinese are here to loot our recourses: Munir Mengal on Xi Jinping’s statement