Srinagar (J&K), Aug 05 (ANI): Kashmir has been the birth place of famous Sufi saints and poets who have laid endless mark behind. One such mystic Sufi saint and poet was Shamas Fakir whose real name was Muhammad Sidiq Bhat. This famous Sufi saint and poet was born in 1839 in Srinagar and later shifted to Budgam district. He spent his whole life preaching peace and brotherhood. Fakir was fond of writing mystic poetry since childhood and he also followed the principles of Islam. The Urs is observed every year at his shrine in Budgam district. Devotees pay obeisance and offer special prayers at the shrine that resound with recitations of verses of Holy Quran. Local singers on this occasion sung the poetry written by this famous Sufi saint and poet.
- Next story Congress holds protests across nation against attack on Rahul Gandhi’s convoy
- Previous story Watch: Helpless jeep carrying 13 passengers stranded in flood water
- Bure din jane wale hain, Rahul Gandhi ane wale hain: Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Chhattisgarh assembly polls: Congress gives tough fight to BJP
- PM Modi appeals to ensure smooth functioning of Winter Session of Parliament to Opposition parties
- Trends make it clear that Congress is forming govt in Rajasthan with full majority: Sachin Pilot
- Congress will form govt in Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot