Srinagar (J&K), Aug 05 (ANI): Kashmir has been the birth place of famous Sufi saints and poets who have laid endless mark behind. One such mystic Sufi saint and poet was Shamas Fakir whose real name was Muhammad Sidiq Bhat. This famous Sufi saint and poet was born in 1839 in Srinagar and later shifted to Budgam district. He spent his whole life preaching peace and brotherhood. Fakir was fond of writing mystic poetry since childhood and he also followed the principles of Islam. The Urs is observed every year at his shrine in Budgam district. Devotees pay obeisance and offer special prayers at the shrine that resound with recitations of verses of Holy Quran. Local singers on this occasion sung the poetry written by this famous Sufi saint and poet.
- Celebrate Urs of famous Sufi saint, poet Shamas Fakir at Budgam
- Watch: Helpless jeep carrying 13 passengers stranded in flood water
- Nepal’s Bharatpur Metropolis-19 goes for re-poll
- Videos uploaded on social media website purport to show shelling on Ain Tarma, Eastern Ghouta
- Venkaiah Naidu Wins Vice Presidential Polls By 244 Votes