New Delhi, Oct 24 (ANI): Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley addressed a press briefing on Tuesday to detail state of the economy. In a bid to clean banks’ books and revive investment in a slowing economy, the Centre approved a state bank recapitalisation plan of Rs 2.11 lakh crore over the next two years. Jaitley said India has been the fastest growing major economy for the last three years and the efforts are being made to maintain high growth rate in coming years.
- Next story Response to terrorism still ‘country focused’: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani
- Previous story I felt roads in MP are better than US: Shivraj Chouhan
- Eyewitness narrates Alwar lynching incident
- ITBP adopts school to provide education to students of Naxal affected area
- Rahul Gandhi authorised to form campaign committee, take decision on alliances: Congress
- Rahul Gandhi would be the only face projected in LS Polls: Congress
- Pakistani intruder gunned down by BSF in Kathua